About the JOM
- Larry Hopper, Chief Editor, National Weather Service, Phoenix, AZ
- Ariel Cohen, Associate Editor, National Weather Service, Miami, FL
- Andrew Mercer, Associate Editor, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Heather Reeves, Associate Editor, National Severe Storms Laboratory, Norman, OK
- Katie Wilson, Associate Editor, OU CIMMS at National Severe Storms Laboratory, Norman, OK
- Chad Gravelle, Associate Editor, National Weather Service Southern Region Headquarters, Fort Worth, TX
Technical & Layout Editors
- Jon Zeitler, Lead Technical Editor, National Weather Service, Austin/San Antonio, TX
- Matthew Bunkers, Technical Editor, National Weather Service, Rapid City, SD
- Connie Crandall, Technical Editor, SD School of Mines, Rapid City, SD
- Vickie Johnson, Technical Editor, Private Consultant, Boulder, CO
Content Registration and Reference Linking
The Journal of Operational Meteorology uses Crossref to register our content by depositing metadata for each article. This also allows us to make one-click connections to the registered references in our JOM papers.
The Journal of Operational Meteorology is contained in the LOCKSS and Portico archives. LOCKSS system has permission to collect, preserve, and serve this Archival Unit. LOCKSS is an open-source, library-led digital preservation system built on the principle that "lots of copies keep stuff safe." Portico is among the largest community-supported digital archives in the world, preserving e-journals, e-books, and other electronic scholarly content to ensure researchers and students will have access to it in the future. Libraries that subscribe to the JOM may obtain access via IP authentication. Contact the NWA Publications Committee Chair for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Journal of Operational Meteorology also can be found on EBSCOhost databases.
JOM Intellectual Property Statement
All materials published in the JOM remain the property of the author(s), who, by submitting their work, have licensed permission for our electronic display and for fair use by the readership. The NWA expects readers to treat documents published here under the same fair use principles as in the printed scientific literature. Fair use, therefore, includes: online reading, downloading and/or printing for personal, academic and/or library purposes, and URL links to JOM material. Author(s) may freely maintain a copy of any of their JOM published work on a government, educational, nonprofit, personal, or other noncommercial website under their control. Text may not be published in commercial (for profit) media of any type, edited, revised, or otherwise altered without specific written consent of the author(s). When excerpting published work, please ensure that the arguments, conclusions, findings, and opinions of the author(s) reflect the original material.
This web page has been tested with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari, as well as Android and Apple operating systems for smart phones. If you have problems viewing this page with Internet Explorer, ensure your "Compatibility View" is disabled. This can be found near the right side of the URL menu bar.