Membership & Marketing Mission Statement:
“Promote the National Weather Association and increase its membership.”
The NWA Membership & Marketing Committee goal is rather simple– promote the National Weather Association, grow and retain membership, and determine ways to expand or enhance member services. Our committee aims to accomplish these goals by participating and leading a number of projects and initiatives. Some of the recent work we have been working on include:
- #WhyINWA Campaign
- Annual Meeting SWAG
- Membership Retention
- Development of The Speaker Bureau
Additionally, we have a lot of other exciting items and projects we will be working on in 2020.
The Membership & Marketing Committee is looking to add a couple more members to our team, especially from the military and government sectors. We are also interested in adding a current undergraduate student who is interested in being actively involved on an NWA Committee.
Benefits of joining the NWA:
- Networking and professional development
- Join others in sharing, learning and advancing your profession
- Earn NWA Seals of Approval
- Promote excellence through awards, scholarships/grants
- Join a committee or run for office to lead NWA’s future
- Online access to the monthly Newsletter and Journal of Operational Meteorology
- Attend meetings at reduced rates
- Be part of a group for advocacy on important issues
- Access to job announcements
- Discounted subscription to Weatherwise Magazine
Questions, comments, feedback, and concerns for the Membership and Marketing Committee should be directed to Ashley Ballard.