Our Committee's Objective:
"Assist educators with teaching meteorology and related areas of science to grow future scientists."
“Promoting excellence in operational meteorology to benefit society.”
“Connecting operational meteorologists in pursuit of excellence in weather forecasting, communication, and service.”
NWA Education Committee Members:
- Jeff Tongue (Chair and Webmaster)
- Jeremy Buckles
- Meghan Danahey
- John Frye
- David Glenn
- Jennifer Hogan
- Mark Kramer
- Jason Lindsey
- Katie Mercadante
- Nicole Peterson
- Richard Snow
- Eleanor Vallier-Talbot
VACANT - Student Member
Help for Educators, Students and Parents:
- So - You Want to be a Meteorologist? Parents and Students Need to Watch this Video!
- PLAN!T NOW - The Young Meteorologist Program is a free online computer game that educates and empowers children in grades K-8 about severe-weather science, weather confidence and safety. PLAN!T NOW was the 2012 recipient of NWA’s Public Education Award.
- Contact an NWA meteorologist with your questions about education
- The NWA Education Committee Internet Links Page
- The Committee's Listing of Meteorological Books For Children #newsite