Thanks to a generous donation from the Phillips Family, the National Weather Association Foundation is pleased to offer this scholarship.
About the Phillips Family Scholarship:
The NWA Phillips Family Undergraduate Scholarship for Meteorology is offered by Ryan Phillips of Hollywood, Florida, and supported by Patricia Phillips of Zanesville, Ohio.
Ryan is currently a broadcast meteorologist at WTVJ in Miami, and has been a member of the National Weather Association since 1997. He has held the Association’s Seal of Approval since 2002. He is an Ohio native and a graduate of Ohio University with a B.S. Degree in Geography / Meteorology. He has worked for KHGI-TV in Kearney, Nebraska, and WZVN-TV in Ft. Myers/Naples, Florida, over the past decade. Ryan is a supporter of Shih Tzu Rescue and the Humane Society of Greater Miami, where he serves as a volunteer in their public outreach efforts.
This scholarship was created out of the desire to give direct assistance to a focused and aspiring meteorologist completing his or her undergraduate degree. It is also offered in honor of the late Patrick R. Phillips (1947-2007) who, as an avid outdoorsman, gave Ryan his first lessons in weather.
- 2012 - Elizabeth Smith – California University of Pennsylvania
- 2013 - John Banghoff - The Ohio State University
- 2014 - Lauriana Gaudet - Lyndon State College
- 2015 - Jillian Young - State University of New York at Oneonta
- 2016 - Cameron Paquette - State University of New York at Albany
- 2017 - Erin Jones - Millersville University
Please contact the NWA office if you have questions. Telephone 405-701-5167, or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org