Call for Abstracts
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 9 March 2017
- Oral and Poster Presenters Notified: Late April 2017
- Preliminary Agenda Posted On-line: Summer 2017
- 2016 NWA Annual Meeting: 16-21 September 2017
Best Practices - What the Committee is Looking For
A paper for consideration as a session presentation or poster must be submitted via an abstract. This outline document should be short, but contain enough information to allow the conference organizers and attendees sufficient understanding of what the author intends to express. It must contain an introduction, body and conclusion. Points to be addressed are: your motivation (why are you writing the paper), your issue (what the subject is), your approach (how you resolve the issue), your result, and finally your conclusion.
Abstracts will be vetted by the conference program committee. Successful submissions will be evaluated on Quality, Uniqueness and Public Interest. Be sure proper grammar and punctuation are observed. Abstracts should be under 300 words.
The abstract is limited to 4000 characters.
Presentation Relevance to Conference Theme
"Putting Science Into Service"
Each year the Annual Meeting has a specific theme chosen by the NWA President. Below is a generalized list of theme components for this year's meeting. In addition to the traditional sessions (e.g. severe weather, winter, flooding, etc.), the Program Committee is specifically soliciting abstracts which relate to one of the following theme components. If your submission fits one or more of the following, please select all that apply.
- Vulnerable populations (public safety and environmental threats)
- Progress in weather services (science in service advancements)
- Innovations in observational methods and applications (new atmospheric monitoring)
- Partnerships in the weather enterprise (alliances and team building)
The Annual Meeting Program Committee Co-Chairs are:
NOAA National Weather Services
Las Vegas, NV 89139
Bakersfield, CA 93306
The Broadcaster Workshop Program Co-Chair is:
Richmond, VA 23230