Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission for the 2018 Annual Meeting is now open:
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 1 March 2018
- Oral and Poster Presenters Notified: mid-April 2018
- Preliminary Agenda Posted On-line: early Summer 2018
- 2018 NWA Annual Meeting: 25-30 August 2018
Best Practices - What the Committee is Looking For
A paper for consideration as a session presentation or poster must be submitted via an abstract. This outline document should be short, but contain enough information to allow the conference organizers and attendees sufficient understanding of what the author intends to express. It must contain an introduction, body and conclusion. Points to be addressed are: your motivation (why are you writing the paper), your issue (what the subject is), your approach (how you resolve the issue), your result, and finally your conclusion. Abstracts will be vetted by the conference program committee. Successful submissions will be evaluated on Quality, Uniqueness and Public Interest. Be sure proper grammar and punctuation are observed. Abstracts should be under 300 words. The abstract is limited to 4000 characters.
Presentation Relevance to Conference Theme
Diversity in People, Models, and Methods
Each year the Annual Meeting has a specific theme chosen by the NWA President. We will provide a generalized list of theme components for this year's meeting. In addition to the traditional sessions (e.g. severe weather, winter, flooding, etc.), the Program Committee is specifically soliciting abstracts which relate to one of the following theme components. If your submission fits one or more of the following, please select all that apply.
- Meteorological Diversity (Ensemble solutions to a problem)
- Educational Diversity (Learning through differences)
- Communications Diversity (Utilizing various or unique methods to communicate)
- Partnerships Diversity (Alliances and team building through working with others)