2017 National Disaster Resilience Conference – October 25-27
The Atlanta conference will take place Wednesday October 25 to Friday October 27 and will bring together the nation’s foremost voices in the disaster resilience movement. The dynamic program will address multi-hazard disasters and feature these keynote speakers:
• Leo Abruzzese, Global Director of Public Policy, The Economist Intelligence Unit
• W. Craig Fugate, FEMA Administrator, (2009 – 2017)
• Lt. General Russel L. Honoré, US Army (Ret.)
• Dr. Rick Knabb, Hurricane Expert & Tropical Program Manager, The Weather Channel, National Hurricane Conference Director (2012 – 2017)
• Dave Shull, CEO, The Weather Channel Television Network
• Wendy Spencer, President, Leadership Florida and CEO, Corporation for National and Community Service (2012 – 2016)
Session topics will focus on the latest in science, policy, and practices to drive more resilient buildings and create disaster-resilient communities. Experts will share best practices, deliver research insights, and generate new collaborative opportunities. The agenda includes leaders from FLASH Legacy Partners BASF Corporation, DHS, FEMA, Simpson Strong-Tie, State Farm Insurance Companies, and USAA along with the American Institute of Architects, AIR Worldwide, DHS, Government Accountability Office, MIT, and The Weather Channel.
The conference is presented by the FLASH Partnership and “Presenting Partners”, including Applied Technology Council, Central United States Earthquake Consortium, National Fire Protection Association, National Hurricane Conference, National Weather Association, Southern California Earthquake Center, and the Western States Seismic Policy Council.
Please join our growing list of sponsors to help underwrite this dynamic program. When you do, you will join Titanium Sponsor International Code Council, Gold Sponsor BASF Corporation, Silver Sponsor USAA, Bronze Sponsor ISO, and General Sponsors AIA, Comfort Block, ICFMA, Lehigh Hanson, Lightning Protection Institute and Smart Vent.